Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Special Post...:)

 Yesterday evening I had the honor and pleasure to "attend" my dear friend, Tarra Winslow's highschool graduation and master's concert, through live streaming on the internet!! What a blessing to have this technology!:D
 The ceremony opened with Tarra's first piece on the piano.....
 I missed a good half of the first part of the concert as there were streaming issues going on. I was quite upset with the computer but kept praying!!;)
 Tarra's speech-I only got to hear snippets of it but what I did hear was really special!:) (Well done, Tarra! I was so very proud and pleased!;)
 I love this girl so much!:)
 Tarra and her family played a musical special together as a family, violins, handbells, and the cello. Tarra played the piano and her older brother directed.
 Tarra receiving her Master's Concert Diploma from her teacher and good friend Chris Rogers....
 Chris shared about the joy that is evident in Tarra's life and where that joy is found. He reminded her and admonished her to continue to find her joy in Christ alone. I was very encouraged and challenged just listening!
 Mr. and Mrs. Winslow sharing on Tarra, her birth and growing years-their indescribable gift from God.:)
 A short slideshow...:)
 Its so neat to see what great love they have for their daughter...:)
 Presenting the high school diploma!!:)
 Parental love and support....:)
 One of the verses Mr. Winslow gave Tarra  on her diploma: "Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30
 Mr. Winlsow and their pastor praying over Tarra......
 Tarra closed the evening with more more piece:)
He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God;
many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:3
Congratulations, dear Tarra!

 I'm so grateful the Lord brought this special young lady into my life-who the Lord planned for us to meet six years ago at a homeschooling conference in Sacramento. I had no idea of this, when we packed up and drove that eight hour trip. I always look back on that full, busy, crazy, week and realize how God had something really special planned for it. At the time I never would have guessed it or known that He was bringing her friendship in to my life, and what it would come to mean to me. The friendship we've shared has been such a gift from the Lord and it is such a blessing to be part of each other's lives. We look forward to seeing what God has in store for the future!:D

All that to say-you never know when God is going to bring something life changing your way. You may even not think much of it or be seeking for it, but later you look back, so grateful for God guiding and directing you. So, be encouraged that God is working in your life and you don't know what wonderful surprises He has in store for you around the corner!;)

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."
                                                                                                                      Proverbs 27:17

2 comments:

  1. We watched it to at home. We had problems too.

    Cvs

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASHELY!!! You are THE SWEETEST! I love you to the moon and back! I am so grateful for your friendship and thank the LORD that he caused our paths to cross those six years ago. Thank you for your sweet words! I knew you were there (my concert) in heart... I wish you could have been there in person, but God knows. I love you, DEAR FRIEND!!! <3<3
    Love,
    Tarra

    ReplyDelete