Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

This Week.....

Well, this week is going to be quite different than last week.:) The guys are leaving on a canoe trip today with Ryan and Daniel. They are pretty excited about it and are packing lots of trail mix, bug spray, warm clothes and other gear for the trip. I have heard that the plan is to cross 8 rivers the first day, with land in between where they will carry all the gear including the canoes.

The rest of us ladies will be here at camp working on various chores and jobs to get ready for next week, which is another rental camp. This morning the Craven and George children have been eagerly helping me clean the cabins to prepare them for the next set of campers. Each cabin's windows must be cleaned with windex, the trash changed, the trash can cleaned out, and all the mattress pads wiped with sanitizer top and bottom. After that the floor is thoroughly swept. It might not sound like to much but when you have to flip all the pads and make sure they sit flat when you're done (with lots of eager helpers asking lots of questions) it's a bit more challenging.:P The children were all very helpful and hopefully next time I can have things in better order so someone doesn't clean the same pad, as the person before them just did!:P

Well, that's all I have to write about so far! Ryan and Daniel have their own adventure to write about but I will leave that to them.:) Hopefully they will post when they get back from the Canoe Week trip.:)

I just wanted to say thank you to those who have written or called while we've been gone.:) It has been such an encouragement to know we are remembered in prayer! I also really appreciate  receiving emails from some of you! I know life can be busy, but you don't know how it can bless someone's day to just type something out real quick to let them know you're thinking of them and keeping them in your prayers! Thanks for the special encouragement!:) (I am not incredibly busy this week so feel free to call, email, or message me. A lot family members or friends keep saying that I must be "super busy, otherwise they'd call or email" but right now I'm not. Once rental camp starts, it will get much, much, MUCH busier.;) For now, if you want to and have the time, I'd really enjoy hearing from you!:)

Sometimes when I've been gone a summer or winter trip, I feel like there isn't much happening when people ask for an update. The truth is that I cannot always see when God is working or know He's just about to do something great, and teach me some good lesson. We can always be praying for the simple things in life like safety, health, a growing walk with the Lord, lessons to learn and energy and strength for the tasks ahead.

 I really enjoyed listening to Pastor Steve's sermon on watching and praying, this past Sunday.:) It was a really good reminder of how often I give into my flesh and what it wants, how it feels, or whether I'm tired or not. I know if I had been in the garden with Jesus at Gethsemane, I too would have been fast asleep. We all would because that's all we have the ability to do-obey our flesh! Praise God, for the strength and ability He gives us, for without it we could do nothing right.:)

 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.   If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.  If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.  By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples."
     
                                                                                                                John 15:5-8

4 comments:

  1. It was nice catching up with you Ash!Ryan and Daniel are in for one great adventure! I can't wait to hear about it once they get back. Love you All!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, tell the boys to post about their adventure when they get back. Love you.
    Thanks for sharing.

    CVS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley,

    Glad you got to hear the sermon. Hope it was a blessing. We are praying for all of you regularly and hope you are doing the same for us.
    God bless you with a great week.
    Pastor Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for updating, Ashley! It's nice to be able to keep up with you by reading your blog. I hope that you have a wonderful week. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete