Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rental Camp-Week 1

 
 This past week was busy with our first experience working here during rental week. The camp grounds and facilities are used by another group and we prepare meals and clean around their schedule while they are here.:) This called for early mornings, eating a staff breakfast before preparing and waitressing another one, cleaning the bathrooms daily-a long and complicated process which involves a hose, sanitation, a scrub broom and lots of other fun things, and plenty of dishwashing on the side! (This is Mrs. Garris (?) and I working on bread platters for lunch. Working here reminds me of Lois working at Catalina, all the time!;)
The boys helped anywhere they were needed. This picture was taken the Wednesday hike and they had to clear a fallen tree out of the trail to drive all the lunch supplies to the picnic spot.

I'm still having a lot of trouble with blogger and I'm not sure why. I thought it would be best for now to get a post out of some nature and then link the pictures from the week. Until I can figure out why this keeps letting have two pictures the proper size and the rest small-I'm afraid you'll have to be content with this. https://picasaweb.google.com/113237871982428841210/RentalCampWeekOne5281302?noredirect=1

Thank you for your prayers! We do have a couple of requests.  If you would keep the camp director's daughter Sierra in your prayers, we would really appreciate it. We had quite a bit of sun the other day and she got sun poisoning. Today she told me her arms were feeling better, but itchy. Also, I feel that annoying scratchiness in my throat that is often accompanied by sickness. Thankfully, we finished camp this afternoon, but do keep us in your prayers-it would not be fun for everyone to get sick.:)

"Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.  Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.  But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.  For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.  Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God."
                                    
                                                                                    1 Corinthians 4:1-5

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the pictures. It's fun to see what you're doing. Oh, and it looks like a really fun kitchen to work in! I hope you have a really wonderful summer, Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to hear the sermon and that it was a blessing. We are praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete